In a new blog post ArenaNet announced their new Guild Wars 2 build that will feature at GamesCom this year. It includes a slew of new features:
- Seven professions – Play all seven professions that we’ve revealed so far: engineer, thief, guardian, necromancer, ranger, warrior, and elementalist.
- Charr starter experience – For the first time, you can forge your destiny as a member of the Iron, Ash, or Blood Legion in our charr starter area. You can also choose to play the human and norn starting experience as well.
- Mid level demo – As always, we’ve prepared a higher level demo experience for players who want a challenge. Face powerful Orrian enemies on land, engage them in battle underwater and face off against a new boss.
- Sylvari and asura – Did I mention that you’ll be playing sylvari and asura characters for this high level content? Yes, for the first time, players will be able to get their hands on these unique races – believe me, they are impressive!
- Character appearance customization – Also for the first time, you’ll be able to play around with our character appearance customization feature and control the way your character looks.
- PvP – Last but certainly not least, we’re premiering Guild Wars 2 Player vs Player (PvP) at gamescom! Swing by the ESL booth and head to the Guild Wars 2 area to get your exclusive hands-on PvP experience. Also check out our periodic exhibition matches that pit our valiant team of ArenaNet developers against the European guild BOON Control on the ESL center stage!
Sylvari and Asura fans rejoice, you will get some representation of how your avatar will appear when you finally enter Tyria! We will also get a nice look at how the Sylvari re-design went. I’m also very excited to see character customisation works and just how in-depth it is.
The note about PvP is very surprising. Considering ArenaNet has said almost nothing about PvP it’s amazing we will be seeing it at all this year. Keep an eye out for gameplay videos and then official blog posts later on if your a fan of PvP.
Lastly stay tuned for Sylvari week that was promised for the coming weeks, it’ll happen before GamesCom!